Need help with your fantasy draft? Here's our quick-and-dirty cheat sheet with all the players you should be looking for at each position.
Top 5 Quarterbacks
- Aaron Rodgers - Great Quarterback on a high power offence whats not to like.
- Tom Brady - Mr Consistent surrounded by a swag of top flight offensive players.
- Drew Brees - Few question marks this year with Oline and who he's throwing too, but he will still be superb.
- Matthew Stafford - Can he stay healthy for another full season. Should get close to replicating his numbers if he can.
- Cam Newton - He's not going to rush for 14 Touchdowns again but he really helps your fantasy team out with his legs.
Top 5 Running backs
- Arian Foster - Easily best running back in the league at the moment. Or at least in the best system to utilize his talents.
- Ray Rice - An every down back who can take it up the middle and catches well out of the backfield.
- LeSean McCoy - With the threat of Vick taking off on a run, line backers give McCoy too much room to operate.
- Maurice Jones Drew - He is the Jacksonville offence as long as he signs his contract.
- Chris Johnson / Matt Forte / Darren McFadden - Aaaaaaargh don't make me choose.
- Chris Johnson - Jake Locker in at QB can only mean good things and his ceiling is incredible
- Matt Forte - if CJ?K is your gamble, then Forte is your solid contributor
- Darren McFadden - injuries are his friends but his upside is so so good. Your choice!
Top 5 Wide Receivers
- Calvin Johnson - There is a reason he is called Megatron.
- Wes Welker - He catches 100 balls for over 1000 yards each season from the slot. With actual wide outs this season he might see some more room in the middle to gain even more yards.
- Roddy White - Julio Jones will ensure white is no double teamed at all times, this should be fun to watch.
- Larry Fitzgerald - Huge questions at Quarterback which drops him to 4 on my list, but Fitz just gets it done.
- Greg Jennings - The number one receiver on the Packers is sure to put up superb fantasy numbers.
Top 5 Tight Ends
- Rob Gronkowski - Super human size and strength. He’s not going to repeat his record catching yards and Touchdowns from last season but he will still be number 1.
- Jimmy Graham - Basketball player turned Tight end, is a defensive backs worst nightmare.
- Aaron Hernandez - He has Tom Brady throwing him the ball and Gronk takes all the extra coverage leaving him free in the middle.
- Antonio Gates - He’s getting old there is no denying that, but Rivers has a lot less targets to throw to this season and I think Gates has a come back year.
- Jason Witten - A recent spleen injury puts doubts in my head but as long as he is given the all clear he is a great choice.
Top 5 Kickers
- David Akers - Strong leg and the 49ers just love to stall an attacking drive, so look to see him have many opportunities again this season.
- John Kasey - The Saints are a prolific offence and he piggybacks on that nicely.
- Stephen Gostkowski - See above.
- Dan Bailey - Surprise revelation last season and should continue to boot in field goals from between the 30 and 50 each week.
- Mason Crosby - See Kasey and Gostkowski.
Top 5 Defences
- 49ers - They were shutdown good last season and should repeat again this year.
- Bears - They focus on takeaways and scoring touchdowns from them, and they generally get them. They also have arguably the best special teams unit in the League, points from return TDs and blocked field goals matter.
- Baltimore - 48 sacks, 15 ints and 21 forced fumbles is nothing to blink at.
- Pittsburgh - No one even tries to run against them anymore.
- Houston - Solid defence who pressures the Quarterback well out of the 3-4 formation.
Top 10 Overall
- Arian Foster - Dude is crazy good and consistent. Can make plays with hands too.
- Ray Rice - See above.
- LeSean McCoy - Not as consistent as the previous 2 but still a beast.
- Aaron Rodgers - He the man at QB.
- Maurice Jones Drew - Sign your contract and this will feel safer.
- Calvin Johnson - Megatron is the only wide receiver I would consider in the first. Too much depth otherwise.
- Tom Brady - Elite QBs are hard to come by.
- Drew Brees - Brady / Brees are interchangeable.
- Rob Gronkowski - Too high of a drop off not to reach for a TE this season.
- Jimmy Graham - I think Graham sees even more targets this season from Brees.