Madden 12 is the latest addition to EA's flagship sports title, a game that for a lot of us became our primary source for understanding the complexities of American Football. Laugh at that statement as much as you like, but you can't deny that even modern coaches, not just Madden himself, extol the virtues of the ever evolving game. For example Buccaneers Head Coach Raheem Morris, one of the NFLs coaches on the rise, stated that in college he 'majored in Madden.' NFL players love the game too, only a few years ago Ochocinco was streaming his games online from the Bengal's training camp. Thanks to EA Sports and NFLDU we also have a copy of the game to give away! Keep reading to find out how! So what can we expect from Madden 12 this year? Let's take a look.
- Published by: Electronic Arts
- Developed by: Tiburon
- Genre: Sports
- Release Date: Australia: September 1, 2011
- OFLC: RP
- Also Available On: PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii,PlayStation Portable, iPhone, iPad
- Also known as: Madden 2012
Game Features (with our notes)Madden 12 continues the rich tradition of the storied franchise by bringing fans closer to the NFL than ever before. Featuring all 32 teams, stadiums, and your favorite players in the league, Madden NFL 12 is True to the Game. Playbooks & Gameplay
- All-New Collision System – Now maintain full control of players up to the point of impact – from tackling to blocking – providing the most authentic collisions in franchise history. This new system uses a player’s momentum and over 100 new tackle animations, including 40 gang tackles, to provide more impactful hits, stolen tackles, and consecutive hit tackling. NFLDU notes: What this means, in layman's terms, is less of the 'suction tackles' that saw defensive players mysteriously teleporting across the field. A problem Madden had in recent editions. - Editor Dom
- Advanced Defensive AI – Over 100 defensive A.I. enhancements resulting in the smartest Madden defense ever. Players in zone and man coverage will properly recognize and react to plays, including the ability to break out of assignments when appropriate, resulting in a defensive team that truly works together.
- Custom Playbooks –The #1 most requested feature by fans in recent years, allows you to build the ultimate game plan by modifying an existing playbook or creating your own by selecting up to 400 offensive or defensive plays from 75 different playbooks. Integrate your custom playbook into a game plan for use with the improved GameFlow system, which executes an authentic, situational game plan for you. NFLDU notes: Finally I can create a playbook that allows me to completly exploit the terrible secondary Andy's Cowboys have, 4 man receiver sets ahoy! - Editor Dom
- Broadcast Redefined – Experience NFL Sundays like never before with completely overhauled presentation, including 32 team-specific run outs featuring mascots and cheerleaders, over 500 dynamic broadcast cameras authentic to every NFL stadium, innovative “real” on-field cameras shot by expert NFL Films cameramen, and a network inspired new broadcast graphics package.
- Unprecedented On-Field Authenticity – Hundreds of visual improvements across all areas of the game including: new player equipment, helmet stickers, pylon and ball physics, a player degradation system that affects uniforms and helmets based on weather and field surface, 3D grass, and new player specific animations that showcase the personalities of each NFL player.
- Franchise mode includes more than 100 new features and enhancements, including expanded rosters, an all-new rookie scouting system, a free-agent bidding system, and more.
- In Superstar mode, fans can now control the growth of their superstar with an all-new progression system that allows you to earn skill points by participating in practice and games. .
- Dynamic Player Performance is an all-new feature that creates unprecedented realism as a player’s skills and confidence will rise and fall based on his performance throughout a game or in Franchise mode, just like the real NFL. No two players will play the same in Madden NFL 12. NFLDU notes: This is be a very interesting addition, and I look forward to seeing how they balance it over an entire season. I'm also wondering if it means Jay Cutler will break down constantly like the little crybaby he is. - Editor Dom
- The perfect combination of Madden NFL Football, fantasy football, and trading cards comes to life in Madden NFL Ultimate Team.
- Online Communities will provide an all-new way for Madden NFL gamers to meet and play. NFLDU notes: Keep an eye out for the creation of an NFL Down Under community, too. - Editor Dom
Gameplay Videoshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAvfXEPXCzc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLLgHvZRMzg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nx9T3S9tBE ...click here for more videos
Amazing Madden Advertisements http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3D3zW2DPdk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39dM_LFxB9o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT3x74mSW8w http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uRXehwUDXQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eExUvP_Y6s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPcms6djNv4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2U2juIQW7g
Win Your Own Copy!Thanks to the wonderful people at EA Sports we are giving one lucky winner a chance to own their own copy of Madden 12 for either PS3 or XBox 360. To enter simply hit one of the buttons below and we will randomly select a winner by this Friday the 2nd of September. Good luck!
Buy Your Own CopyYou can pickup your own copy of Madden 12 simply by clicking on the links below which will take you directly to the Madden page for each store:
Join the Madden NFL Down Under communitiesJoin the NFL Down Under Madden communities to play with other Australians by searching for NFL Down Under or using the following details: Community Name: NFL Down Under Password: aussie
For more info check out the official Madden 12 website here: http://maddennfl.easports.com/ So what do you guys think? Will you be grabbing Madden 12 the day it hits the shelves?