[caption id="attachment_21161" align="aligncenter" width="620"] Kevin Hoffman/US PRESSWIRE[/caption] There were a flurry of outstanding performances in week 7. Unfortunately I was unable to catch a glimpse of them all as I was far too engulfed in the Raiders vs Jaguars epic down at the Coliseum. Chad Henne, you go girl. Anyway, our Player of the Week is -
Chris JohnsonRunning Back, Tennessee Titans DOB: 23 September, 1985 (27 years old) College: East Carolina Height: 5'11" (1.80m) Weight: 87kg NFL Draft: 24th overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft Week 7 stats: @ Buffalo Bills – 18 car, 195 yards, 2 TDs, 10.8 yard average Career stats: 1297 car, 6,141 yards, 40 TDs.
Why he won player of the week (week 7)Yeah, CJ went alright this week. 195 yards, two TDs, a last-minute victory on the road against the Bills. Just another day in the 2009 office. In fact, Johnson seems to like playing the Bills. In their three outings throughout the 27-year-old's career, he's rushed for 480 yards and six TDs. Unbelievably, Johnson scored his first touchdown of the season in the first quarter against Buffalo -- a 16-yard run on the opening drive, setting the tone for the Titans. CJ found himself in trouble on the play, bounced to the outside and burnt down the sideline, diving fully stretched for the pylon for the score. It was a great start for the much-criticised RB. But he wanted more. On his very next play, the three-time Pro Bowler took the rock and burst through the guts of Buffalo's run D, screaming down the field for an 83-yard TD -- the second longest run in his five-year career. Watch the play. His speed is quite something. It turned into the CJ/Matt Hasselbeck show, as the pair led their team to a last-minute, heroic comeback victory, with QB Hasselbeck sealing the deal via a 15-yard TD to WR Nate Washington with just over one minute left on the clock. On 4th & 9. That just proves why Hasselbeck is the personification of human perfection. But there's no time to praise that man -- CJ clearly deserves the praise for this one. Check out Chris Johnson's 83-yard TD run here.
Facts and figures
- I guess most importantly, CJ drives a pink BMW. Hashtag "SWAG"? I don't think so.
- Interestingly, CJ is now in the top-10 rushing leaders for 2012 at No.10 with 496 yards and two TDs.
- In the past two weeks he's put up 286 yards rushing - keep up that trend and he'll go through a season with 2,288 yards.
- CJ debuted in 2008. He made the Pro Bowl in 2008. And then in 2009. And 2010. But then he got paid...
- He has a degree in Communications from East Carolina Uni.
- CJ's 40-yard dash time at the NFL Combine (4.24sec) is the fastest in NFL history by a RB.
- He makes $13,375,000 a year. $36, 644 a day. $1, 527 per hour. $25.45 per minute. 42cents per second. Not that anyone cares.
What he said
"I don't think I went 80 yards in like two years, so it feels good." - Chris Johnson